Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The story of Charlie

My husband and I spent 3.5 years trying to get pregnant using different fertility drugs and treatments. About 3 years in we were told we would most likely need IVF to become pregnant. This news was devastating but we decided to take some time off and save money for IVF or adoption as we couldn't decide what road we wanted to go down. So, as you can imagine, we got the shock of our lives on August 22, 2009 when we found out that we were expecting (with no medical treatment).

Photobucket

On May 5, 2010 I became a Mama to my long-awaited little man, Charlie. He is truly an answered prayer and the biggest blessing ever.

Photobucket

It's hard for me to believe he is almost 9 months old. Everyone said it goes by so fast and they weren't kidding! He is crawling, cruising furniture and just last night he walked behind his walker for the first time. He loves dogs and will not leave them alone! He is getting more interested in solid foods with his favorites being broccoli and apples. And he is a cup thief, so watch your glass if you head to our house.

Photobucket

I love being his Mama! I am passionate about breast-feeding, cloth diapers, and following your instincts as a parent. And I love a good giveaway! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a little cutie! New follower through Military Monday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved Charlie's story! I love when I hear stories like his. He is so adorable, and oddly, I do believe that my son Evan and your son Charlie look alot alike.

    I found you through the blog hop over at Marine Parents today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful story! what a blessing charlie is. :) enjoy every little moment.

    ReplyDelete